Invisalign Braces: The Ultimate Guide
By Dr. Ashley Smith
Orthodontic treatment (like Invisalign braces) can correct the alignment, and in some cases the esthetics, of a patient’s teeth. Straight teeth contribute to a beautiful, confident smile and good oral health.
Furthermore, crowded teeth are difficult to clean because plaque and bacteria build up where teeth overlap. Untreated, this can lead to gum disease, tooth decay, and eventual tooth loss.
Crooked teeth also cause bite issues. “Bite” refers to how upper and lower teeth fit together when your mouth is shut. A misaligned bite causes excess wear and tear on molars and may also create undue pressure on your jaw joints.
If left untreated, a bad bite can lead to jaw pain, headaches, TMJ disorder, and cracked or chipped teeth.
If crowded teeth or a misaligned bite are damaging your oral health and/or your self-esteem, you’re not alone. Studies show that 74% of adults need orthodontic therapy.
But what adult wants to wear bulky metal braces? With Invisalign® clear braces, you won’t have to!
Invisalign® clear braces correct bite issues and straighten teeth, in patients who qualify for the treatment. Due West Orthodontics in Marietta and Powder Springs, GA is a Diamond provider of Invisalign, and our team will help you achieve a smile that’s not only radiant, but also healthy.
What Is Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign custom, clear aligners gradually straighten teeth, often in less time than traditional braces. While traditional braces use metal brackets, Invisalign trays are made of soft, flexible thermoplastic, designed specifically for this treatment.
How Does the Treatment Process Work?
- The first step to starting your journey with Invisalign is an initial consultation with Ashley Smith to determine whether this treatment is right for you.
- If you are a good Invisalign candidate, we’ll digitally scan your teeth. This means, you won’t have to endure a gag-inducing putty impression!
- The scans go into our Invisalign software, where your treatment plan will be designed.
- Then, a certified Invisalign lab will fabricate your custom series of aligners.
- Wear your aligners 20-22 hours every day to stay compliant with your treatment plan. If you follow our orthodontist’s instructions, your estimated completion date should remain intact. For patients who neglect to wear Invisalign aligners as often and for as long as suggested, treatment plans must be extended and may require altering the aligner design. This leads to greater expense, so stay compliant if you can.
For most of our patients, the entire process takes 3-24 months, depending on the complexity of your case. Every 6-12 weeks you will receive a new set of aligners.
How Do I Care for My Aligners?
Invisalign trays are easy to care for since they can be taken out and cleaned. Brush and rinse them in lukewarm water, using Invisalign Cleaning Crystals to keep them sparkling.
Your aligners can become stained by food residue, so brush your teeth after you eat and before you re-insert the trays. If one of your aligners is lost or broken, let our orthodontist know right away. A replacement will be rushed through so that you can keep your treatment plan on track.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Invisalign Clear Braces?
A common misconception about orthodontic treatment is that it’s just for kids and teens, but this is untrue. Patients of any age can benefit from straight teeth, and Invisalign treatment is a discreet and easy process for both teens and adults.
There are a number of orthodontic problems that Invisalign solves. Treatable cases include:
- Gapped teeth
- Open bite
- Crowded teeth
At your initial consultation, our orthodontist will assess your needs and recommend a treatment plan, customized to deliver your perfect smile.
Can I Use Invisalign Aligners if I Have Veneers, Crowns, Bridges, or Implants?
If you have veneers, crowns, or implants, our orthodontist may still recommend Invisalign. However, because clear aligners move each tooth individually, they are not effective on dental bridges.
If you currently have traditional braces and want to switch to Invisalign, schedule a consultation to discuss modifying your treatment plan.
Patients who previously wore traditional braces but experienced shifting over time can wear clear aligners to readjust the teeth to their formerly straight, beautiful position.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Despite the common belief that orthodontic therapy is expensive, we do everything we can to make sure our patients have access to the smile of their dreams.
Due West Orthodontics is a leading provider of Invisalign in the Atlanta area, and we are happy to offer treatment for 20-40% less than the average rate.
To make straightening your smile as easy as possible, we offer:
- Low down payment options
- Monthly financing options
- Flex spending payment plans
- 3% discount for credit card payment in full
- 5% discount for check or cash payment in full
- In-office filing for insurance claims
- Family discounts for parents and children who both receive treatment
In addition to our financing and discount options, we offer a free consultation so that we can make sure all of your needs are identified, assessed, and met.
What Makes Invisalign Braces Different?
The purpose of Invisalign treatment is to give you the smile you want, with as little hassle as possible. Some of the benefits of Invisalign are:
- Invisalign aligners are less painful than traditional braces, with no wires, brackets, or bands. Since you can remove the trays to brush and floss, you won’t need to worry about plaque build-up or enamel erosion, which are common with traditional orthodontic brackets.
- With treatment that is both convenient and accurate, Invisalign can straighten your teeth quickly so you can get back to showing off your smile. Treatment time averages 12-18 months, for most cases.
- Since Invisalign trays are removable, you can continue to enjoy your favorite foods without restrictions. For athletes, replace your Invisalign trays with a sports mouthguard to keep your mouth safe while playing sports. It’s important to wear your aligners for 20-24 hours a day, but you can remove them for important events, like weddings, photographs, or interviews.
With quick and straightforward treatment, Invisalign corrects dental alignment, while allowing patients to maintain their sophisticated appearance (without metal braces) and eat their normal diet (with no restrictions). Acquiring a straight and healthy smile has never been easier.
Get Started with Invisalign Braces Today!
Our mission at Due West Orthodontics in Marietta and Powder Springs is to build lasting relationships with our patients and to provide our community with professional and compassionate care. We value communication and hold ourselves and our practice to the highest standards of ethics and integrity.